Monday, March 27, 2017

Game Pigeon Tournament Upset

The past couple of weeks, CJ, Griffin, Daniel, and I competed in a 64 team Game Pigeon tournament.  The bracket was set up like an NCAA Tournament bracket, where each person had four teams in each region.  Each person was seeded based on a random number generator, but the maximum number of teams each person had in a region was four.  Because it was random, it was possible for a person to play himself in the first round and automatically advance.
I was the clear favorite after the opening round as I put up unheard of scores with a 77, 76, 74, and a 80.  Of  my 16 entries, 10 advanced to the second round, the most of any competitor.  I only lost three games in the second round, but in one of the games I had to play myself, so I lost an entry that way.  I occupied 6 of the "teams" in the Sweet 16, tied for the most with Griffin.  I lost two entries in the Sweet 16, because I played myself.  I was able to defeat CJ by a score of 73-69, but lost to Griffin after he broke my record for most points with 84.  Griffin and I were the only players left in the Elite 8, but Griffin had 5. Griffin defeated me in every Elite 8 match, with the closest being a score of 82-79.  Griffin composed all of the Final Four teams and won the Championship by defeated.
I lost an opening round game to Griffin 63-62 on a buzzer beater.  That entry ended up knocking out two of my entries and if I had won that game, I would have made the Final Four by default.

T'was disappointing that I easily could have won the championship, but I had a few lapses of judgement.  We followed this up with a one on one tournament, so tune in next week to see how the favorite does then.

1 comment:

  1. I was annoyed to notice that GamePigeon was not working properly on my iPhone. Thus, I met a tech geek, who helped me to understand the best ways of fixing such errors. Later, I could find out more here- iMentality.com

    ReplyDelete